In previous blog posts, I’ve mentioned the most important essential oil to have at the barn, your horse’s favorite oil, and the best oil for cleaning surfaces and the air. This blog post I’ll talk about the most important oil to use before you reach the barn.
But first, did you know that horses can read your emotions? They can. They also remember your emotions and adjust their behavior accordingly.
Knowing this, imagine the difference between a horse who knows you as an angry human and a horse that knows you as a calm, kind human. I’m sure everyone’s had a boss whose mood set the tone for the entire day. Did you flourish working for someone like that? Probably not. Your horse doesn’t, either.
So the best thing you can do before you get to the barn is to manage your emotions. And Stress Away helps you do just that.
Stress Away comprises:
- Vanilla extract
This blend is calming and emotionally uplifting. Here are some ways you can use it:
- Put a few drops in your palm, rub your palms together, and inhale the scent deeply three times.
- Put a few drops on diffuser jewelry and wear around your horse
- Add a few drops to a car diffuser and diffuse on your way to the barn.
Your horse will likely enjoy the scent as well.
- Put a few drops in your palm, rub your palms together, and invite your horse to inhale the aroma.
- Put a few drops on a cotton pad and place in your trailer when transporting your horse.
- Diffuse in the barn during stressful times, such as when new horses arrive or horses leave the barn.
I really like using essential oils to “set the mood” between you and your horse. If you show up as a calm, willing partner to your horse, the horse that “shows up” for you is more likely to be a willing partner as well. Knowing that our horses can read and remember our emotions means we need to manage them before we show up to the barn. Thankfully, there’s an oil for that.